PAN card application procedure:
(1) First fill up the form 49AA (for which link is given on site) but qualified financial investor should do this through Depositary participant only.
(2) After online filling and submission of the form a confirmation screen will appear. You can see the complete date filled by you over there. If still, want to make any changes in your application then edit it or just submit it.
(3) After submission, as you can see, you will get online acknowledgement receipt take at least one print out of it. (It is always better to take one printout extra).
(4) Now paste two recent passport size photographs in the space provided in acknowledgement. (Its specifications should meet the requirement laid down by IT dept., India).
(5) Whether you are doing Signature or using your left thumb, it is to be done in the specific box only. Failing to this your application may be rejected..
(6) Then please attach necessary document along with your application for e.g.POI, POA, 2 color photographs with white background, Demand draft etc.