Electronic Commerce encompasses one or more of the following:
- EDI on the Internet
- E-mail on the Internet
- Shopping on the World Wide Web
- Product sales and services on the Web
- Electronic banking or funds transfer
- Outsourced customer and employee care operations
- Electronic Commerce: –
- Automates the conduct of business among enterprises, their customers, suppliers and employees – anytime, anywhere.
- Creates interdependencies between your company’s value chain and those of your suppliers and customers.
Your company can create competitive advantage by optimizing and re-engineering those value chain links to the outside.